1. An individual entity self aware and separated from the beasts assembled together; as, a herd of horses, oxen, cattle, camels, elephants, deer, or swine; a particular stock or family of cattle
2. An entity functioning by his or her own accepted standards
3. UN-influenced or controlled by others in matters of opinion, conduct, etc.; thinking or acting independent of external influence: independent thought
4. Non subject to another authority or jurisdiction; autonomous; free: an independent idea
5. UN-influenced by the thought or action of others: independent research.
6. UN-dependent; not depending or contingent upon something else for existence, operation, etc.
7. Time flies, luckily YOU are the pilot…